Setting up a Shopify Private API
Book in a 15 min video call with a member of out team here to answer any questions about uploading products.
Log in to your Shopify account.
- Click on 'Apps' from your left navigation.
- Scroll to the bottom and click 'Manage private apps' (If you have not enabled private apps you will first need to do so)
- Click 'Create private app'.
- Under 'Private app name' enter 'Buy Aussie Now'.
- Under 'Permissions' you will need to ensure you provide read access to both:
- Products; and
- Click 'SAVE' at the bottom.
- Here you will need to provide the below information at a later date:
- API Key
Step 2: Adding Shopify Application
To add the Cresco Data Buy Aussie Now Shopify application;
Please ensure you have completed the above steps before proceeding with the below:
- Login into your Buy Aussie Now dashboard.
- Click 'Products' on the left navigation.
- Select 'Cresco Shopify Connector' from the sub-left navigation.
- Change the Enable Shopify Connector from 'Disabled' to 'Enabled'.
- Click 'SAVE'.
Step 3: Log in to your CrescoData Management Portal
Once the Shopify application has been enabled in your Buy Aussie Now dashboard, you will receive an email with your log in password. Please log in to the following link: buyaussienow.crescodata.com.
Step 4: Buy Aussie Now Category Tagging
Each product that you would like to sync across from your Shopify account to your Buy Aussie Now profile MUST be tagged with the Buy Aussie Now category tags. This will allow the product to be shown in the sub-category you would like it to appear in.
If there is no tag applied to your product, then it will not sync across to Buy Aussie Now.
- Once logged in to buyaussienow.crescodata.com click 'Categories' from the left navigation.
- In the 'Search Name', please search for the category that is most relevant to the product you are adding.
- Once you have found the tag you would like to add to your product, please click on the name of the tag and it will be 'copied'.
- Go back to your Shopify account and apply the tag you have copied to the relevant product(s).
- Please review the options below on how you can tag your Shopify products in bulk (Bulk Action, CSV Update):
Once you have completed the Shopify tagging, follow the steps below to publish your products and stock to Buy Aussie Now. If you have tagged a product that is marked as "hidden" in Shopify, this data will be imported to your Buy Aussie Now account but the product will have a disabled status.
Please note all products in Shopify must have a UNIQUE SKU assigned to them, including all variants of a configurable product.
Step 5: Settings
Please fill out the details on your Buy Aussie Now merchant portal to start the syncing of products.
- API Key - Private app API Key created in Shopify.
- Password - Private app Password created in Shopify.
URL - Your MyShopify.com URL i.e. https://buyaussienow.myshopify.com
*Please ensure you are using your Shopify URL and not the sample URL provided.
- Please click 'SAVE'
- If the details are incorrect you will see a red bar with the text 'Invalid credentials provided'.
- If this occurs, please check that you are correctly copied across the API Key, Password and your Shopify URL
Your tagged products will start downloading to your dashboard. This process can take up to 30 minutes, so we recommend coming back to complete the remaining steps after this time.
Checking products not tagged
If you want to check products which have not been tagged in Shopify, follow the below steps:
- Go to “Product Sync” from the left navigation.
- Click on the “Filter” dropdown and select “Source Category ID”
- Select “Exists” - “No”.
Step 6: Attribute Mapping
After 30 minutes, click on 'Product Sync' from the left navigation.
This will take you to an 'Imports' tab which will show all the products downloaded from Shopify.
Click on the 'Mappings' tab to map the Buy Aussie Now attributes.
- Click on the 'Attributes' sub tab.
- Here you will have a dropdown of all 'Attribute Sets' mapped.
- Select the first 'Attribute Set' from the dropdown.
- You will have two dropdown options:
- Source Attributes - Attributes we have mapped from Shopify.
- Channel Attributes - Buy Aussie Now specific attributes available.
- Select one of the above 'Source attributes' from the dropdown.
- Click on the 'Channel Attributes' dropdown to see which one is most appropriate.
- Once a 'Source attribute' and 'Channel Attribute' is selected, click 'Map'.
Step 7: Mapping Shopify Variants to Buy Aussie Now Variants
- Once mapped, this will list all the Shopify variants for all products under this “Attribute Set” on the left hand side.
- On the right hand side will be a dropdown of all available variants in Buy Aussie Now.
- For every Shopify variant, map to the most appropriate Buy Aussie Now variant.
- NOTE - If you cannot map all Shopify variants to Buy Aussie Now variants, then leave these variants unmapped and proceed on to publishing.
Step 8: Publishing to Buy Aussie Now
Once you have completed the mapping above for all attribute sets, follow the below steps to publish products to Buy Aussie Now.
- Click the 'Preview & Approve' sub tab.
- Click 'Approve & Publish'.
- This will trigger products to be published to Buy Aussie Now.
NOTE - Any new products have to follow the above process and will only get published to Buy Aussie Now upon clicking the “Approve & Publish” button.
Here you will be able to review if there were any issues with your products when trying to publish to Buy Aussie Now.
- Click the 'Product Sync' link from the left navigation.
- Click the 'Diagnostics' tab.
- Click on the response groups.
- Here you will see what products failed and the reason why.
- Resolve this error by either updating the mapping or Shopify.
- The product will republish and review to ensure the error has been resolved.
Please note - Cresco Connector is a one way connection. Orders received through Buy Aussie Now will NOT appear on your Shopify orders and therefore must be fulfilled on your Buy Aussie Now dashboard. To complete this, see How to Fulfil an Order.